- Data Solutions
The basis for strategic decision-making and investment analysis globally, across operators, suppliers, investors, researchers and government.
Survey Data —
Dive into the inner workings of the resources sector and their strategic decision making.
Custom datasets and analysis to determine performance drivers and how you compare to top performers.
Take a Survey —
Unique insight into the minds of some of the industry’s key leaders and strategic thinkers.
- News & Insights
- About Us
Critical Minerals: An Industry Perspective
For the first time in decades, the scarcity of raw materials is threatening the pace, cost, and efficiency of technological advancement and the transition to a low-emission economy.
This report aims to outline how Australia can rapidly increase the global supply of critical minerals. Thirteen recommendations are provided through three different, but highly interrelated lenses: Geo-strategy, financing, and economic development to ensure Australia remains:
- A globally renown and competitive location for critical minerals investment
- An integral supplier of critical minerals to global markets
- It captures the full value of its ore
- Executive Summary
- Summary Table of Recommendations
- The Geo-Strategic Backdrop
- Domestication of supply chains
- Cooperative opportunities for investment
- Facilitating foreign investment
- Fund or Fail
- Barriers to investment
- Overcoming the barriers
- Types of intervention
- Vested Interests: Upsteam Financing
- The Full Value of Australian Resources
- The Australian advantage
- Australia’s next moves
- Policy areas for immediate impact
- Foundational government support
- The Role of Technology?
State of Play was initiated in 2014 to create a platform to support industry discussion of innovation and performance at a strategic level.
State of Play has undertaken a number of global surveys since its inception, as well as a number of drilldown pieces on topics from India through to Critical Minerals.
State of Play is now a leading voice for industry leaders and decision-makers. Our research is the basis for strategic decision-making and investment analysis globally, across operators, suppliers, investors, and government.
Are you ready to start making data-informed strategic decisions?
And receive a free snapshot of the data from our last Mining Industry Survey